Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf orga/governance sessions at DC14

Hi,

On 08/19/2014 01:14 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach tassia@acaia.ca <tassia@acaia.ca> [2014-08-19 02:28 +0200]:
>> Maybe not exactly in the format proposed by Madduck, but just
>> having the space to talk seems pretty reasonable to me.
> […]
>> I think that no perfect formula will come out from one 45-minute
>> session. Maybe we could think of a series of meetings spread
>> during the whole conference? Would we have energy for that?
>
> I am proposing two 2-hour-slots early and late during the week,
> sorry if this wasn't clear. I am not sure whether a third or fourth
> such session would help, but if the chairs want, I would organise
> those too.

It seems to me that it's mostly madduck and vorlon concerns rather than
a general objection to the current model. Even I'm right and it's coming
from only two persons I'd second for that 4-hours discussion proposal.
The fact of vorlon and madduck being key persons to current and next DCs
suggests that something on local/global teams interactions seems to be
wrong here, not sure exactly where.

Also, could you (madduck and vorlon) please refer where we can find
exactly what you want to fix? And how? I've followed many public threads
in previous DCs related to this but I (and I can assure there're others
in the same situation) couldn't get yet the main points.

Anyway, does anyone else support/objects to madduck's 4h discussion
proposal? Please speak up.

Bests,

--
tiago