Re: [Debconf-team] Getting the network running

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 04:23:19PM -0700, Gerald Turner wrote:

> I have friend that's offering to loan a bunch of gear left over from a
> warehouse tear-down that his work performed last year.  The equipment
> was originally installed in 2009, so probably no fancy 802.11n/HT.

>  * Several Motorola WS5100 controllers.
>  * Couple dozen (or more) AP-300 access points.
>  * Bunch of Cisco Catalyst 2960s and some 3560s (non-GigE) but they all
>    have at least two 1gbps ports.

> The gear is in Tualatin, perhaps I could go pick up a controller and an
> AP and bring it to Lucky Labs next Tuesday so we can observe whether
> it's too enterprisey.

I actually live not too far from (some) of Tualatin. I can also help ferry
things without it being out of my way. (West side is my neck of the woods,
yo.)

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski