Re: [Debconf-team] A proposal about scheduling for DC14

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 09:58:29PM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> On 21/05/14 02:45, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > FYI, we do have some data already about this, namely the arrival/departure
> > dates that sponsored attendees have entered when registering.  For each
> > night of sponsored accommodation, we have:

> >   Date       | # sponsored
> >   -----------|------------
> >   2014-08-22 | 126
> >   2014-08-23 | 134

> I don't think these numbers reflect reality: by default, you get
> assigned 2014-08-22 as an arrival date. And many people (me included)
> don't have a set date for arrival, maybe because they didn't buy tickets
> yet.

> So, I think these numbers are very misleading, and should not be used at
> this point for planning. At least until the reconfirmation period.

Fair point.  If I exclude those who have the default arrival time set, this
brings the number of sponsored attendees on 2014-08-22 down to 52.

We certainly won't be committing to rooms/meals with the university until
after the reconfirmation period, and you're right that the number of people
listed as arriving on the 22nd is likely to decrease by the reconfirmation
period.