Re: [Debconf-team] Call for Help: DebConf14 Bursaries Team

>> > The idea is interesting, but I believe it is too late for us to try
>> > it.
>
>> I don't think it's too late. The idea was IIRC mainly proposed by Steve.
>> Mabe he can comment a bit more on it.
>
> I still think this is a good idea in principle, but I personally don't have
> time to implement something like this within summit, and I think trying to
> rank 144 sponsorship requests (or even just the 70 travel sponsorship
> requests) for Condorcet voting would be awkward to tally by hand.

I certainly agree that we would need an automated solution for the
tallying. I'm not sure if devotee would be able to do this.

The main advantage I see in this method is that at least for me it seems
easier and fairer to order the requests than to do the ranking we
currently do. The ranking has the potential that my criteria shift a bit
as I go through the list and to be absolutely fair I would have to go
through all request again in a second round. Doing an ordering would
make this easier.

I also think that we should only do this for those requesting travel
sponsorship. Doing it for food and accomodation is just too much work
with little additional value. For food and accomodation we should only
sort out unreasonalble requests IMO and grant the others.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.