Re: [Debconf-team] Call for Help: DebConf14 Bursaries Team

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:26:34PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> >> Last year there was also an idea to do condorcet voting on the requests
> >> which sounded like a nice idea. The idea is that every member of the
> >> team assembles a (partial) ordering of the requests and we run that
> >> through condorcet to get the list of sponsored people.

> > The idea is interesting, but I believe it is too late for us to try
> > it.

> I don't think it's too late. The idea was IIRC mainly proposed by Steve.
> Mabe he can comment a bit more on it.

I still think this is a good idea in principle, but I personally don't have
time to implement something like this within summit, and I think trying to
rank 144 sponsorship requests (or even just the 70 travel sponsorship
requests) for Condorcet voting would be awkward to tally by hand.