Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Bursaries Team assembled

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 02:38:41AM -0700, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

> As of now, the amount of sponsorship requested is greater than
> the allocated budget, so we will have to draw a line.  :-(

From a conference point of view, I consider this a great success!  While it
obviously doesn't make our job any easier as bursars, we've had a great
turnout of people willing to request sponsorship and can be confident that
the money will be put to good use.

It just leaves us with the usual problem of worrying about second-guessing
whether people's stated "funds needed in order to attend" are honest.

And an interesting statistic, our budget covers food and accommodation for
143 people during the week, and we had a total of 143 sponsorship requests.
So while we won't be able to approve all travel sponsorship requests, we
should have no problem for food and accommodation for anyone we think Debian
should pay for.  And as there are always some requests that don't get
approved, we may be in a position to reallocate some of the funds
from food/accom to travel if necessary.