Re: [Debconf-team] Request to Adjust Budget for Social Events

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 09:13:50AM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On 2014-05-02 20:19, Steve Langasek wrote:

> If other items in the budget/fundraising don't go to plan, up to
> when could we cancel the dinner without losing the full price (or a
> high portion of it)?  And up to what point can we adjust it for a
> smaller number without losing money?

Nonrefundable depost of 15% for Crystal Ballroom (if I can get a hold at
this point), with a 30 day window from the time of getting the facility held
and needing to pay the deposit.

The minimum amount for food and beverage to not have rental fees on this
facility is $5000, making the nonrefundable deposit of $750.  (We'll easily
exceed the food and beverage minimum at $33 per person.  They'll have a bar
in the room that will serve beer and wine at a minimum, neither of which is
included in the buffet price.)

> But, yes, in itself this adjustment sounds fine to me, merely
> changing figures between items to match up with the reality of
> what's available.  I would only note that actual spending of funds
> on budget items should be done in the order agreed in March.

I will contact them and see if we can get the space sometime in that week,
then!

Thanks,
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski