Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> Quoting Gerald Turner (gturner@unzane.com):
>
>> Now just need to commit to a date, Monday the 25th?
>
> We usually chose either Monday or Tuesday, so that seems right. I'd
> anyway recommend something closer to the beginning of DC than the
> end....
>
> I would suggest not too close, though, because the main C&W organiser
> need to assemble a team of volunteers of various tasks and, therefore
> needs  to setup 1 or 2 meetings with them in order to organise tasks,
> take last minute decisions, double check things with the local team,
> etc.
>
> (of course, that actually depends about who is in charge of being the
> main C&W organizer: if that's someone who also takes care of other
> things in the local team...or someone who is a kind of outsider of the
> local team....as you may think, up to now, it always was someone
> outside the local team, as it was /me...:-))
>
> So, well: Monday or Tuesday is the best choice,imho, with maybe a
> slight preference for Tuesday in order to have "enough time" during
> the early DebConf days in order to assemble a "cheese team".

Sounds good, I'll pursue Tuesday.

BTW, I'll be volunteering the for the cheese team, I couldn't possibly
qualify as a main organizer (Debian newbie, neither a cheese or wine
connoisseur), but will attend planning meetings and could definitely
help transport the cheeses and other odds and ends.

--
Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com>        Encrypted mail preferred!