Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

Christian PERRIER dijo [Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:57:51AM +0100]:
> Is there a way that the servers are "volunteer" servers? I think it
> would better fit the spirit of the C&W if you could assemble a team of
> 5-10 volunteers for alcohol serving.
> (...)
> Back to the servers topic: we never had to do this but I'm fairly sure
> it can work, particularly if a volunteers team can be built (probably with some
> "training" about OLCC just to be sure you don't have trouble with
> local authorities and the hosting place).

Right, if volunteers can be trained for this task, it would be good.

Now, thinking as a Latin-American (which I am, in case there's any
doubt): Is this requirement "for real"? Or can we designate our Server
Team, and let it slowly evaporate after contention starts to loosen,
to have our usual way towards the end?

(yes, this is a publicly archived list.)