Re: [Debconf-team] Notes from reviewing bids. (And questions for teams)

Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@debian.org> writes:

> On 18 February 2014 12:36, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
>> I touched on this earlier, but please understand, that presenting more
>> than one option seems like it would make the job of those making the
>> decision much more difficult.
>
> One option to simplify the process would be for all involved to simply
> consider Munich and Heidelberg to be two independent bids with an
> overlapping local team. That will make the choice a bit harder as we
> would have one bid, but it would make each individual bid easier to
> evaluate and compare.

I don't think this is a good idea. The german team proposed this as one
bid with two possible venues. And I think the debconf-team should judge
it as such. IMHO having several options is a plus for a bid.

If people really feel that only one of the proposed venues is suitable
for DebConf, they can still propose to only accept the German bid under
the condition that the conference will be held in that venue. But I
myself see absolutely no need for that with the current German proposal.
Both venues look good to me.

> This would also meant the the choice of the preferred German venue
> would be removed from the local team, unless they withdraw one of the
> options before the final decision meeting.

The debconf-team can still influence the final decision later on as such
major decisions will certainly be made by the whole team and not just
the localtem.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.