Re: [Debconf-team] Notes from reviewing bids. (And questions for teams)

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2014-02-18 11:53 +0100]:
>> Bear in mind, it's not just a question of willingness. They may
>> not have the facilities/staff to accommodate such large orders,
>> especially considering that it is a smaller city. I would put more
>> effort into hammering this down, and exploring options, BEFORE THE
>> DECISION, as arranging meals for 150+ is not always as trivial as
>> it might seem.
>
> I don't think we ever had catering arranged before the bid decision,
> but I applaud this push towards setting new standards! ;)

Oops.. My wording was ambiguous. I know for DC10, we presented at
least one viable option for food. (We had spoken to the university to
get estimated costs, and a sense that this was something they could
handle if needed.) After we won the bid we did look at a number of
other options to see if we could arrange something better, but ended
up negotiating the most preferable arrangements with the University.

My understanding is that having pricing for at least one viable food
option is the past standard, in that we had an expectation that the
bid teams had a reasonable certainty that catering was available and
had rough costs as part of bid.

-Brian