Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

Hi Steve,

My understanding is that the proposal does exceed the stated budget for the
conference dinner, which is what makes it important to have the analysis
against the other points.  (We believe we can afford it by reallocating
unused funds from the "day trip" line; but that's still something we should
decide about.)

The cost for dinner consists of the 2-hour boat trip + dinner on the boat.
Our original plan for the daytrip also included a 1hour boat trip.
So it is reasonable to split the cost of the boat trip between the daytrip and conference dinner which makes it fit within the budget perfectly.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip

About other options: I'd also support a conference dinner separate from the day trip, but not at Le Camp.
But this would need a dedicated team to plan and organize the dinner including transportation, venue, food choice,... This team doesn't exist yet and I think it's also a bit late unless some highly motivated locals start working on it right NOW.

As this doesn't seem to happen, I prefer the boat option.

Philipp