Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Raphaël Walther <raphael@walther.im> [2013.10.24.2121 +0200]:
>> I don't understand what you explained. What do you mean by admission ? If you
>> mean corporate fees i think this not the right approach as we would not get
>> this money from the sponsor.
>
> We would not get 500 USD from one participant of the conference who
> is associated with the sponsor to whom we gave one free admission.
>
> But we would not lose anything for sponsors who don't send anyone.
>
> We would have a new "variable", a new "benefit" and our sponsor
> levels would not be almost entirely about in which place the logo
> gets placed.

I am very much in favor of this, especially for our larger sponsors,
but there is one factor that holds me back from wholehearted
supporting it.

How would we handle redemptions without creating too much work for the
team? IE: I think we'd need to come up with some sort of tweak to
penta, that allows people who already have sponsored tickets to redeem
them, when registering for the conference.

Unless someone wants to volunteer for to work on this, I'd say let's
keep this as a wishlist item.

If however, someone does want to volunteer for this, I'd very much
like to see this happen, as it's very common for event sponsors to get
a certain number of comped tickets to technical conferences.

> Also: if there are going to be drink cups again (which depends
> largely on how catering is organised), then you can offer the
> platinum sponsors to have their logo on their!
>
> Also, we have name badges. Logos can go there too! Maybe we should
> have a 50k sponsorship level with logos on drink cups and/or name
> badges and make Google and HP really compete ;)

Agree with vorlon, we have enough places for logos as it is and is in
almost all certainty not going to change the outcome of our
fundraising efforts..