Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 04:08:22PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Raphaël Walther <raphael@walther.im> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 07:43:41PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> >> After discussion with sponsors-team we are proposing the following
> >> sponsorship levels and registration fees for DC14. (They are largely
> >> the same as DC13 with CHF substituted for USD). The one change from
> >> DC13 is that we are proposing to add back the bag logo benefit but
> >> only for gold+ sponsors rather than silver+ sponsors as it was in
> >> previous DCs. This does presume that debconf-team will be arranging to
> >> have a Conference Bag produced, so a volunteer to coordinate/research
> >> that would be needed.

> > I would prefer like last year not to promise the bag so we leave it as an option
> > for us if we have time, money or a generous sponsor to produce the bag.

> I think we as a group need to decide NOW if conference bags are
> something we want, if we want them to happen. (Please weigh in!)

To do this, we need more than a show of hands of people in favor; we need
someone to take charge of making the bags happen.

I think that overall the bags are a good thing, but I don't have a clue
where to start on making them happen and am not going to volunteer to be on
the hook for them. :)

Does someone want to volunteer to take charge of getting sponsorship bags
made (and getting preliminary quotes, etc)?  Can someone with experience
doing bags for past conferences provide any pointers on the best way to make
this happen?

FWIW as a personal data point, I now have too many DebConf messenger bags
and not enough DebConf reusable grocery bags... so I'd be in favor of the
reusable grocery bag style again from DebConf 10. ;)