Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

On 18 July 2013 14:32, Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> wrote:
> right and then (some/too many) people will still not show up at the bus for
> which they have a card and then reshuffling will begin as well. So more work
> for no gain.

If they don't show up then they are on their own: public transport or taxi.

Well, I like the idea of the tickets. It needs a little bit of administrative
work, printing tickets, giving them to attendees and then the bus driver will
check them but then it is quite a flexible system which allow last minute swap
for attendees. Aigars, do you have already a real experience with that system
you could share with us ?

In my experience, if enough people fail to get on the right bus AND fail to think ahead and exchange tickets, then in the worst case scenario the situation degrades to 'no-planning' condition for the last bus, but with the benefit that we can have the moral authority to first seat the people that *do* have the ticket for this bus and only after that serve all others in the usual first-come-first-serve basis. The 'tickets' can be just cut from A4 paper with 'Debconf bus home 2 - 19:00' on it. We don't even have to check them, unless there is not enough space on a particular bus.

In the end - people that follow the instructions get on just fine, those that fail to follow instructions are served when and if possible with minimal fuss for all involved.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org