Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

On 18 July 2013 12:14, Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of taking the boat we could have 3-4 buses back from Neuchatel
> to Vaumarcus at different times: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (to be defined
> exactly). People wanting to stay even longer, can also return by public
> transport (takes longer but is very well possible).

I like your idea but we need to find a solution to alocate people to the
different coaches. Otherwise we will have for example an empty coach at 17:00
because everyone would be at Buskers (or a full one because it is raining).

The simplest solution (algorithmically) would be to have a bunch of seat cards printed with bus number and departure time on them, equal to number of seats on the buses. Then distribute those among the trip goers and leave the surplus with the organizers. So people willing to go earlier (or later) could just exchange seat cards with other people with opposite preference (or with organizers, if there are still empty seats).

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org