[Debconf-team] DebConf 13 room planning (talks, hacklabs, bar, ...)

Hi

This is a proposal about how to do the DC13 room planning for the talk
rooms, hacklabs and the bar. While the general idea is clear (large talk
room, primary hacklab) for other things we have several options. Here is
my proposal, which as far as I know is the idea most of the local team
members had in mind so far. See below for an alternative.

* Main Talk room
  Location: Batiment principal, upper floor, north-eastern half
  Size: 200m2
  Capacity: 300 (according to Le camp, if the size is correct, 180
  people seems more reasonable), double the size when combined with the
  dining room

* 2nd Talk room
  Location: Rotonde upper floor
  Size: 150m2
  Capacity: ~120 people

* 3rd Talk room
  not planned yet, do we need one?
  Possible locations: Batment principal lower floor (35m2),

* 1st Hacklab
  Location: Rotonde lower floor
  Size: 70m2
  Capacity: 50 people

* 2nd Hacklab
  Location: Batiment No. 8
  Size: ~75m2
  Capacity: 50 people

* inofficial hacklabs
There are smaller rooms wich can be used as hacklabs or for team
meetings in all buildings. Wireless networking will be everywhere. Wired
networking will most probably only be available in the "official"
hacklabs and talk rooms. These smaller rooms provide space for 10 to 15
persons tipically.

* Bar
  Location: Carré
  Size: 72m2
  Capacity: 50 (seated)

Alternative:
While we have plenty of outdorr space if the weather is good, the bar
will get quite packed if the weather is bad. An alternative would be to
have the bar in the upper floor of the Rotonde and to have the second
talk room in the Carré. Would 72m2 be enough for the second talk room?
If we manage to have a second talk room which is large enough, I would
actually prefer to use the upper floor of the Rotonde for the Bar.
Another advantage there is that the kitchen would be just behind the bar
instead of in the lower floor of the building.

Input would be appreciated on the following:
- Are the capacity estimates sane wrt the room sizes? [1]
- How many talk rooms and "official" hacklabs to we need? Are 2 talk
  rooms enough, or should we plan with 3 talk rooms?
- Planned locations from those that already visited Le Camp.

Best,
Gaudenz

[1] I took the numbers from the document
  "dc13/accounting/contracts/Le_Camp/Liste des Lits et bâtiments + salle
  ACTUELLE.pdf" which lists numbers for seated meals as far as I can
  see. For hacklabs I lowered these numbers a bit (10-20%) because I
  guess hacking needs a bit more space than eating.

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.