Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 13: Call for Papers

Hello Michael,

On 31.05.2013 01:46, Michael Banck wrote:
Hi Debconf team,

Has somebody volunteered to organize a science track yet?  In general, I
would volunteer if nobody else steps up, but I am not sure it makes
sense as the deadline for abstract submission is nearby and I don't know
if we have any science related submissions yet.

I was wondering whether tracks could maybe be let to self-organize a
bit, by loosening the deadline requirement and letting them schedule
their talks in a half-day (or possibly day, for really popular tracks?)
slot themselves.  I guess the talks selection team should still be in
the loop to guarantee an appropriate level of quality.

There is not hard deadline for paper submissions. But some people will attend only if their paper are accepted. Additionally some talks are very popular, so we should allocate them in a big auditorium (and we need also to know the approximate number of talks/bofs in order to see if we need to reserve/setup an additional room). For these reasons we need a first deadline.

As track manager, you can reserve some talks; or as paper submitter you can register the paper later. But try to push the popular talks as soon as possible.

ciao
	cate