Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 13: Call for Papers

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 07:42:54AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Debian invites submissions of proposals for papers, presentations,
> discussion sessions and tutorials for its DebConf13¹ conference which
> will take place in Le Camp by Vaumarcus, Switzerland, in August.
>
> ¹ http://debconf13.debconf.org/
>
> Submissions are not limited to traditional talks: you could propose a
> performance, art installation, debate, or anything else. Official
> submissions will be accepted until *1 June 2013, 23:59 UTC*.

The deadline is approaching!

> This year, we will continue to organize some talks into thematic
> tracks. If you have a proposal for a DebConf track, such as "Debian
> Science", "Debian Infrastructure", and "Community Outreach", please
> contact debconf-team@lists.debconf.org. If you would like to be a
> track coordinator, please volunteer on that list. Talks will be added
> to tracks at a later date.

Has somebody volunteered to organize a science track yet?  In general, I
would volunteer if nobody else steps up, but I am not sure it makes
sense as the deadline for abstract submission is nearby and I don't know
if we have any science related submissions yet.

Cheers,

Michael