Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 13: Call for Papers

Michael Banck dijo [Fri, May 31, 2013 at 01:30:41AM +0200]:
> > This year, we will continue to organize some talks into thematic
> > tracks. If you have a proposal for a DebConf track, such as "Debian
> > Science", "Debian Infrastructure", and "Community Outreach", please
> > contact debconf-team@lists.debconf.org. If you would like to be a
> > track coordinator, please volunteer on that list. Talks will be added
> > to tracks at a later date.
>
> Has somebody volunteered to organize a science track yet?  In general, I
> would volunteer if nobody else steps up, but I am not sure it makes
> sense as the deadline for abstract submission is nearby and I don't know
> if we have any science related submissions yet.

In general, please volunteer! :-)

Remember the way DebConf works is that the deadline closes and the
talks committee will now rate the talks, selecting from the ones
received *until the deadline* the set that will be the official
program.

Tracks are given a special treatment, so if you organize a science
track and request for a half- or full-day block, you will be God
within it (yay! Who said religion and science had to be in conflict?)
inviting and ordering the talks within it.

So, are you interested in a science track? Short or long? (half- or
full-day)?