Re: [Debconf-team] Alternative accommodation in Yverdon-les-Bains

Hi Raphael

Thanks for the additional information. This answers my questions in the
previous mail.

Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:56:16AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
>> I'll add that I think we should consider consider making one hotel our
>> preferred hotel in exchange for a larger discount. This would also make
>> things simpler for both organizers and attendees that need a hotel.
>> On Mar 11, 2013 11:51 AM, "Patty Langasek" <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:
>
> Well, I have choosen that 31 rooms hotel because it is closed to the
> station where the bus is but I can look for other options with the help
> of Tourist Office.
>
> I have received the offer that I translate here from French:
>
> They confirm pre-booking of 5 rooms from Sunday 11 to Sunday 18 August
> (7 nights).
>
> 2 double rooms in the main building, superior room, price is CHF 180
> (instead of CHF 200) for two persons. Same room for one person would be
> CHF 138 (instead of CHF 155).
>
> 3 double rooms in a new building, luxious room, price is CHF 220
> (instead of CHF 240) for two persons. Same room for one person would be
> CHF 165 (instead of CHF 175).
>
> This price are per room per night. The breakfast, VAT and service are
> included. Not included tourist tax of CHF 2.60 per night per person.
>
> There is also the possiblity to have 5 double rooms from 11 - 16 August 2013 with
> the price of CHF 138 / 180 (one persons / two persons).
>
> For each  booking, they need to know :
> * names
> * dates
> * time of arrival
> * mobile phone number
> * credit card number and expiration date

Would it also be possible to arrange it so that interested people
contact them directly and just tell them that they are attending DebConf
to get the discount? Or do they require the bookings to be done throuogh
you? If possible I would prefer the direct booking method because it's
less work for us and more importantly because we won't have to handle
cancellations, room or date changes etc. All in all much less things
that can go wrong on our part.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.