[Debconf-team] still true: Re: I wish you a wonderful 2013 & DebConf13! (oh, and DebConf14 too)

Hi,

On Montag, 14. Januar 2013, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> For your information, I was motivated to propose Paris as a city for

> Debconf 14 (or 15).

> However, these recent threads/attitudes broke my motivation to start

> anything on this subject.

FWIW, same here for DebConf in general and also regarding Debian itself (though to a lesser extend, but still).

Consider me on vacation (for anything DebConf related), not sure if I will come back.

I was planning to write a mail explaining why in more detail, but I'm too frustrated and demotivated, I think that writing a longer mail would be a waste of my time anyway, so all I'm doing is to wish you good luck running DebConf13!

I'm saying this although I'm painfully aware that problems won't go away by pretending they don't exist.

Anyway. Have fun. Haha.

(And yes, I still believe DebConf13 will be a success and fun, because meetings of people are always fun & inspiring and even more so, if Debian people are involved. No doubt here.

But running DebConfs used to be fun, too, and it's not anymore. And we are all to blame for this. And as we failed and fail to fix this, it seems all I can do is run away. I'm sorry, but this believe in "ignoring problems will fix them" really broke my motivation.)

Sometimes one has to take painful steps. Sometimes one can take them as part of a group, sometimes one has to go alone.

Holger