Re: [Debconf-team] I wish you a wonderful 2013 & DebConf13! (oh, and DebConf14 too)

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 07:04:06PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I would call on the DPL to finally appoint an independent audit of the
> circumstances and report for once and for all whether the allegations
> are true, false or simply misunderstood.

I thought my position on this matter was already clear from
https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/12/msg00068.html (in
particular the final part of it).

To answer specifically your direct request: I will not appoint any
independent audit of this matter, because I don't consider we need one.
In fact, I also think it will be counterproductive. If there were
anything to be gained in running the process you suggest --- and I'm
entirely unconvinced there is any --- the potential damages to our
community would be far superior to what we could possibly gain.

If you are convinced something went wrong this time, please stop looking
for someone to blame, and start thinking at how to improve processes so
that next time things would work better.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .