Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

Holger Levsen dijo [Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:52:23AM +0100]:
> So, as a meeting in Le Camp we came to the conclusion to recommend to the
> globalteam to have DebConf13 in Le Camp and also to come to a final decision
> rather fast. Thats why we want an IRC meeting soon, eg next Friday (November
> 2nd) or Monday (November 5th). My proposal would be 18 UTC.
>
> And as we want this meeting to come to a final decision we thought that the
> only hard requirement would be that (at least) all DebConf chairs were
> present.
> (...)
> But maybe this is too much hurry and too much focusing on the chairs to break
> decision ties, instead of doing this a tiny bit more slowly and just "using
> the chairs" to make sure, we decide RSN. Not having a decision hurts us now,
> which is exactly the last timeframe to ask sponsors for money in 2012:
> November. December is mostly busy/too late with other stuff, while many
> companies do have money to spend end of the year... thats really why I want to
> hurry.

Hi Holger and team!

I don't really share the need for all of the Mighty Chairs to be
present, but if so is the need, I will ask the meeting to be later —
Or earlier (tomorrow Tuesday). I have not yet sent a [VAC]
announcement, but I will be mostly on the road from Wednesday 31 until
Monday 5, going to the Central American Free Software Encounter (ECSL)
in Guatemala. I expect to be back home late in Monday, but probably
quite tired and with an accumulation of to-do items... So I'd request
for the meeting to be on Wednesday 7.

Now, I completely agree we are very late for fundrising and this has
to be decided quick, so please, feel free to schedule a meeting
without my participation. I *might* be available on Friday 2, but I
cannot count on having reliable Internet access where we will be
meeting, so I'd rather not commit to that date.

Greetings,