[Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

Hi,

so, you can flame now. Aka, this short serious series is over for today,
hopefully to be continued already tomorrow...

So, as a meeting in Le Camp we came to the conclusion to recommend to the
globalteam to have DebConf13 in Le Camp and also to come to a final decision
rather fast. Thats why we want an IRC meeting soon, eg next Friday (November
2nd) or Monday (November 5th). My proposal would be 18 UTC.

And as we want this meeting to come to a final decision we thought that the
only hard requirement would be that (at least) all DebConf chairs were
present.

(We are the people from the Le Camp BSP here.)

But maybe this is too much hurry and too much focusing on the chairs to break
decision ties, instead of doing this a tiny bit more slowly and just "using
the chairs" to make sure, we decide RSN. Not having a decision hurts us now,
which is exactly the last timeframe to ask sponsors for money in 2012:
November. December is mostly busy/too late with other stuff, while many
companies do have money to spend end of the year... thats really why I want to
hurry.

Surely one can look for dc13 sponsors now as the situation is, but not really
well/optimal and then it is (or can be) also somewhat demotivational to not
know what will be decided (and when.. and by whom and how.)

So, friday or monday, 18 UTC? ;)

cheers,
	Holger