Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

Hi,

On Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> On 2012-10-28 23:52, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > we decide RSN.
> I would hope so.

No, just hoping is too little. We should activly work towards that goal!!

If we dont manage to decide in the next 14 days, I personally think that it
will be very hard/unrealistic to gather sponsors in 2012 and if we fail to do
that, things will definitly become considerably more difficult. At the end of
the year there is quite some easy to get money floating around, but one needs
to apply for this earlier.

> But unfortunately it's premature to make any "final"
> decision until there is at least one plausible option presented,
> including among other things a plausible budget.

The budgets we had at Le Camp were/are IMO plausibe, have they still not been
added to svn?

(currently+all day on a train with somewhat crappy connection..)

> Once a plausible budget is put together by the team, the next stage (of
> the previously agreed process) is to present it to the DPL for approval.
> (That is meant to happen before anything is confirmed as definite to
> suppliers/venues, obviously.)

Thanks for reminding me about this step. Is it documented somewhere?

> > Surely one can look for dc13 sponsors now as the situation is
> Yes -- as has been said, it's late already.  And the best way to show
> that any of the possible Swiss budgets are plausible would be to quickly
> get some promises of cash from non-repeat sponsors, to demonstrate that
> we can expect the sponsorship income to be greater than the last few
> years.

we already have 46k secured for Le Camp, quite very probably 51k. Thats way
more then ever. (I do actually miss some applause here.)

(And btw but not to be underestimated as well: constant nitpicking might
distract and demotivate those looking for sponsors. Just saying - finding
problems is useful, but forgetting to go forward is harmful.)

cheers,
	Holger