Re: [Debconf-team] Dates discrepancies

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> wrote:
Hello,

On 26.06.2012 01:18, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
Hi,

We have different dates set in different pages, and that leads to
misunderstandings... We would very very much like to avoid!

We decided in the April meeting the dates (and you were present):

<http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-04-25-18.03.html>

Part of the local team were not present on that meeting, specially those of us dealing with Debian Day, and that's where the whole confusion about dates started.

Debian Day was not doable on Sunday due to some restrictions from the venue (closed to public, only Debian people has access), so we settled on Saturday 7th. for Debian Day and Sunday 8th. for DebConf day 1.

This was a decision made after the meeting in consensus with global and is, after all, what we initially had agreed on. Please see my reply to Moray here:

http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120413.031431.f8f1a0e5.en.html

Cheers,

Check the log at 18:51:24 <http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-04-25-18.03.log.txt>

So arrival day is Sunday, and first DebConf day is Monday.

So my preferences (as already stated in IRC):
- Welcome talk at Monday
- DPL speech Sunday late afternoon
- just before DPL a short welcome and orientation speech

and I agree with Moray: we could have some BoF also Sunday afternoon (DC13: local - global teams meeting?)

ciao
       cate