[Debconf-team] Dates discrepancies

Hi,

We have different dates set in different pages, and that leads to
misunderstandings... We would very very much like to avoid!

For example, I was reviewing the schedule Tássia took the work to do
(thanks!), and... It seems it takes the dates from the "Important
dates" section of our page¹.

Those dates (less than two weeks from DebConf!) are wrong!

The main webpage² announces the dates as "Managua, July 8-14". And I
*think* those are the dates many of us have in mind.  DebConf Day 1
should be Sunday, 8 July - Which is marked in the "Important Dates"
page as "Last day of DebCamp; Arrival day for regular DebConf
participants."

Some people, then, are booking to arrive during Sunday. And if it goes
that way, we will be working from Monday to Saturday (one day less
than usual). And, not a minor thing: Our DPL (explicitly Cc:ed here)
has to leave early on Monday, so he would not be able to even deliver
his DPL speech. And at least one other person is in a similar position.

So... We need *now* a decision: What should we do? Can we take Sunday
and fill its schedule as well? That would be my prefered option... The
numbers are not optimal for that, though, although they are not _that_
bad:

pentabarf=> SELECT count(*), arrival_date FROM
	    conference_person_travel JOIN conference_person USING
	    (conference_person_id) WHERE conference_id=6 AND reconfirmed GROUP BY
	    arrival_date ORDER BY arrival_date;
 count | arrival_date
-------+--------------
    49 | 2012-07-01
     9 | 2012-07-02
     3 | 2012-07-03
    11 | 2012-07-04
     6 | 2012-07-05
    10 | 2012-07-06
    53 | 2012-07-07
    30 | 2012-07-08
     6 | 2012-07-09
     1 | 2012-07-10
     1 | 2012-07-11
     3 | 2012-07-12
(12 rows)

30 people (out of 182 currently reconfirmed) will arrive on
2012-07-08, and will miss any events we schedule, specially the
earlier talks - Such as the traditional welcoming sessions.

What do you suggest?

¹ http://debconf12.debconf.org/dates.xhtml

² http://debconf12.debconf.org/