Re: [Debconf-team] Needed/bringing equipment list on the wiki?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
Leandro Gómez dijo [Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:01:31AM -0600]:
> > On Montag, 18. Juni 2012, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> > > If we get the badges from the govt, great! If not, we already have a
> > quote
> > > for badges or we make our own badges with our magical printer. :)
> >
> > whats the quote?
> >

> The badges costs ~$0.41 each.
>

> > +how do you plan to make badges? it needs more than just a printer...
> >

> The idea we had was to print the photo+name on an adhesive paper and put it
> on the (pre-printed) badge, but I don't know... maybe there's a better way?

*If* we have the photos uploaded soon enough, it can be *much* cheaper
to print it in Mexico and get it with me to Nicaragua. It costs me
around US$0.70 to print a A3 (double letter) sheet, full color, with
adhesive. But we have not asked people to upload suitable photos as
their Penta picture (and I fear many won't).

I was going to send a mail to the list about this last night, but didn't have time to do so. If someone else wants to do it, I'll be a happy man. ;)

Also, it may be worth mentioning that it's going to be a *lot* easier to gain access to UCA at night if your badge have a photo on it. Otherwise, the security folks at the gate may ask you for an id.

It takes around two days to do it, so we have time. We could put ~20
nametags per sheet.