[Debconf-team] Needed/bringing equipment list on the wiki?

Hi,

Has anyone started thinking about what we might like to encourage people
to bring with them in the way of equipment?

I just bought 4 TP-Link TL-WR1043ND routers (on recommendation from
Holger) for instance, that I'll be bringing that should probably be
listed somewhere so that people can assume they'll be turning up.

Then there's are the perennial ones like the (heavy) badge punch that
Holger has, which he gets told is not needed and then turns out to be
needed (or vice versa)

I'll almost certainly bring my paper cutter (as it doesn't take much
space).

If I can find my label printer I'll bring that -- I note that Aldi have
Brother P-Touch printers on offer at ~20 EUR in the near future, so if
people were planning on getting a printer anyway then they might want to
grab one of those, but then it's worth checking it it's possible to get
the tapes at reasonable prices in .ni, and otherwise buy some before we
travel.

I have a few walki-talkies that I can bring (to help when sorting out
cabling problems and the like).

I'd suggest a wiki page, but in the past I note that such a page
generally gets ignored so perhaps there's a better way?

We probably need a load of power strips, preferably including some Euro
power strips with local plugs so that we don't end up with christmas
trees of adapters wobbling about.  The Euro strips will presumably not
be obtainable locally, but it wouldn't take many people to turn up with
one each to cover that problem -- so we should encourage people to do
that.

Are there a local hardware/electrical store that can supply us with a
lot of power strips, electrical extensions, gaffer tape, etc.? (we
should probably make a list based on what we've spent money on in
previous years).

If so, could one of the locals go round and point out that we are going
to be there for a couple of weeks and we are likely to need quite a lot
of things, so we will be selecting the shop that's willing to give us
the best prices/discounts.[1]

If not ... panic?

Cheers, Phil.

[1] We'd want to be able to go in there with some proof that it's being
bought for Debconf but we probably need to be able to send different
people from time to time and so have them get the discount whether we're
buying all the mains adaptors they have in stock, or a couple of rolls
of masking tape.  It would be good if they were to stock up on the
cheapest-per-socket-as-long-as-there-is-room-for-adaptors power strips
for instance.  Obviously, if we can borrow some or all of this sort of
thing from the venue or elsewhere, even better.