Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship money (and other money things)

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 12:42 -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > - DebConf11 surplus (about 25 k$)
> > - Debian guarentees (10 k$)
> This looks like double-counting to me, as my impression was that the
> amount which the DPL agreed to extend as a guarantee would already count
> against the surplus from last year.

My impression is that this is what zack actually ment. CC:ing him, so he can
comment himself :)

> But I also don't think that it fits with my view of what was agreed on
> DebConf funding to *aim* to spend that "surplus", rather than to keep it
> for problems that will doubtless occur in future years, if not this one.

I do think we have problems this year and its a good use of the dc11 surplus.

Also: Richard somewhere else wrote "up to" and I think thats very relevant!

> That sounds reasonable to me *iff* we are fairly sure that in the end we
> will get that much money from somewhere else -- how firmly do people
> believe that we will?

It depends how firmly we look for money instead eg arguing about having no
money :)

cheers,
	Holger