Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf12-localteam] Food tokens, or similar (was Re: Minutes from local team meeting 140512)

Leandro Gómez dijo [Fri, May 18, 2012 at 09:56:41AM -0600]:
> > I note that you're talking about bar-codes etc -- in previous years
> > we've done something like print a logo (a burger, say) on the badges of
> > those that have food sponsored -- that way the lunch queue doesn't need
> > any technology to let people into lunch.
> >
> Yes, we also considered having something printed on the badges to indicate
> if the person have sponsored food or not, but it's not a good way to keep
> track of number of meals and people eating.

Right - But Phil's argument follows +- the same logic than the
argument against e-voting stations: Will our caterers trust our
machine's workings? If we get out of electricity at one point, how
will we make sure the numbers for that day are counted correctly? It's
easier to use "real-world" tokens (i.e. tickets), however old-school
it seems.