[Debconf-team] Today's DebConf global meeting report

Hi DebConf Team!

Today we have our usual debconf global meeting, the agenda it was

1. field report
* We have some picture from h01ger visit at http://layer-acht.org/fotos/660_Nicaragua_2012/
* We are happy to inform that localteam is bigger than it seems on IRC, 2-3 times the size.
* UCA has 3 good auditoriums (one for workshops rather then talks)
* http://media.debconf.org/dc12/map/uca-map.png

2. open points problems
* Uplink is just not clear yet, looks good though, we will know in 2 weeks for sure. additionally local team is working on alternatives
* We will need a fiber switch http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120505.010935.9b73080a.en.html
* We have an open court in the University available as a food place. It's not very big, It's open, so we have to get a roof (tent?) for it (rain season starts in July), there's not light at night

3. Debian day
* Our Debian Day plan is in http://whiteboard.debian.net/dc12-debianday.wb
* On local stands during debianday for 500 USD. with no mentioning them in our press releases (as indiviual sponsors) nor on the website
* We would appreciate spanish speakers, but we still need simultaneos translators for english talks (if we need them)
* Please check "Requests/ideas for talks"

4. budget
* We still have no budget for travel sponsorship and accom, but at least we will have a debconf.
* At the date, registration is about 150 people.

5. travel sponsorship team
* We still do not have money for that, but even if we have no money we have some money at least for central americans, so we should form this team. we also need to do this to decide who will hotel accomodation sponsored!

6. Sponsorship team
* We have no enough money, so we need to create this team,  "sponsorship team" (bursaries/support/grants/whatever)
* n0rman will lead the sponsorship rating team, he needs to recruit more people.
* please read http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/TravelSponsorship

7. Government status
* Meeting with two government institutions.
* Good discussions with the government, concrete results pending in the next 2-3 weeks.

8. Free and leisure time
* There are events planned for most of the days/nights (such as concerts, poetry night, theatre, etc..) and some permanent offers (like yoga, massages, etc..)
* We have fito (spanish speaker only) in charge of this.
* All information is still in Spanish language, but will be translated and put into penta when the things are getting more concrete.
* All of this it will only option localteam wants to offer debconfers.
* A local spanish teacher will be offering classes too. Please contact xamanu (Felix) or h01ger about this.

9. DebConf12 art
* You can check http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Artwork
* Local team is working on more designs

10. Food team status
* We have five quotations and we are evaluating better option.
* We are trying to have food in UCA, the place we have now is a small open space and we need to use tents.
* We have vegetarians/vegans in our food team taking care of this.

11. AOB/next meeting
    Meeting is for May 22 (TUESDAY!)
    18 UTC

--