Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] Creating a debconf13 association

On Tue, 8 May 2012 19:22:07 +0200, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just some remarks... just arrived tired at home from a 20h flight from Managua
> :-) (Which in a word was great! more about that soon..!)
>
> On Montag, 7. Mai 2012, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>
> > As far as I know the legal situation in Switzerland is quite unique as
> > the most common form of non profit association (german "Verein") is very
> > easy to set up. There is basically no bureaucracy involved (at least not
> > dealing with authorities). No registration is necessary and we don't
> > need any kind of acceptance by the authorities.
>
> Wow. And there is also no extra paperwork ever after?
>
> (And, btw, this seems to be what a german "GbR" (Gesellschaft bürgerlichen
> Rechts) is, and not a german "Verein". Nice confusion :)

At least according to my understanding of the Wikipedia article about it
the German "GbR" is something completely different. In "GbR" the
individual members are liably for the associaiton with their private
assets. That's exactly what we want to avoid. In Swiss law a similar
thing is called "Einfache Gesellschaft". The Swiss "Verein" is probably
similar to the German "eingetragener Verein" just that the "eingetragen"
(=registered) part is not necessary (or even possible).

Hope this unconfuses things a bit.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.