Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> Holger Levsen dijo [Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 03:32:13PM +0100]:
>> after some more thinking I'd like to amend myself, with - I believe -
>> editorial changes ;-)
>
> Fear!

Indeed.

>> + link back to the company homepage. (If some company'd want a deeper link, I
>> try to get some additional sponsorship for that ;-)
>
> We should not nitpick on that. We should just request an URL, any
> URL. Sometimes the funds come from a very specific department in a
> complicated structrue, and they want to make themselves visible. We
> should not dictate if it's www.h01ger.eu or
> https://holgi:sekrit@www.h01ger.eu/FreeSoftware/projects?projectid=3&task=video

I agree here -- the other use people made of deeper links was
tracking, and I don't think there's much reason to charge them more
just for being too lazy to scan their referrer logs.

>> > PLATINUM - starting from $25,000
>> >
>> > Benefits from gold, and also:
>>
>> - Status as "DebConf12 Conference Enabling Sponsor"
>
> What does "status" mean? Is it an extra title besides the metallic
> sounding name?

Holger wants to give a special name outside the normal series, AIUI.
I can see the reasoning, but I'm not sure that "DebConf12 Conference
Enabling Sponsor" will appeal to people more than "Platinum Sponsor".

>> > - Logo on banner behind talk podiums / FIXMYSPANISH
>
> Logo impreso en el podio del ponente (FIXMYSPANISH)
>
>> [explicit talk benefit removed]
>
> Ok... Nobody has ever requested this, but if they did in exchange for
> a truckload of cash, I think we would accept anyway

Indeed.  How about we leave it as an internally-documented option, but
we don't push it in the sponsor pack?  Holger seems mostly concerned
that it confuses people / that it takes a lot of words to explain what
we mean.

--
Moray