Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

Hi,

On Samstag, 25. Februar 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> >> + link back to the company homepage. (If some company'd want a deeper
> >> link, I try to get some additional sponsorship for that ;-)
> > We should not nitpick on that.

Absolutly not. But OTOH I would usually say "link points to the company
homepage, if you want it somewhere else, can you give me a few hundred dollars
more" ;-)

So obviously not nitpick on this, but rather try to sell us a bit better.

;-)

> > Ok... Nobody has ever requested this, but if they did in exchange for
> > a truckload of cash, I think we would accept anyway
> Indeed.  How about we leave it as an internally-documented option, but
> we don't push it in the sponsor pack?  Holger seems mostly concerned
> that it confuses people / that it takes a lot of words to explain what
> we mean.

Yup. Selling talks is not 100% ethical and we would accept _any_ bought talk
anyway. And it's considered odd - at least in Debian context (Debian is about
freedom!!1) and thats where we are.  So I want something non-odd, and thats
platinum,premium,whatever conference _partner_. And of course, if a partner
has a very interesting talk (or such), we will take many efforts to get this
talk in.

As such, I like this way better than saying "for 25k you buy a talk". I dont
want to sell this, and I dont think companies are actually interested in
buying this. Becoming a conferece partner, enablerm, OTOH, IMO sounds way more
compelling.

cheers,
	Holger