Re: [Debconf-team] Some thoughts on sponsorship tiers, and perhaps one improvement.

Hi Brian,

> In an effort to streamline the discussion, I'd ask
> that we table the question of whether or not to make changes for DC13
> levels until we can reach a consensus on whether or not to make these
> changes at all.
It makes sense to discuss this now for future DebConfs. But I agree
with Gaudenz here that we have to take care about our current
sponsors, which already paid the full amount even though they are
SME's.

> Hmm, perhaps change the numbers from from my initial proposal to:
> 1) up to 10 employees = 50%
> 2) up to 25 = 25%
> 3) up to 50 = 10%?
> (I am getting these numbers from the EU definition of SMEs found in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_and_medium_enterprises)

I mentioned this before on IRC before. In case we'd go for a reduced
price for SME, I'd prefer to keep it simple. (e.g. only create one
reduced rate and not three)

> changes don't change that focus. However, if you are saying that we
> need to create a barrier to keep from being bothered by small sponsors
> only wanting to give 1000-3000 CHF, I don't know if I can agree.

I think there's currently a missing level for those willing to give
more than 2000 but less than 6000.
Maybe for next year we could introduce the steel level again:
e.g. <CHF 1000 Supporter, <CHF 4000 Steel, <6000 Bronze

Philipp