Re: [Debconf-team] Some thoughts on sponsorship tiers, and perhaps one improvement.

Hi there,
On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 08:01:04PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 04:28:53PM -0500, Brian Gupta wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Margarita Manterola
> > > Also, there's 9 months till DC13, I would support this being applied
> > > for DC13 sponsors as well.
> >
> > Thanks Marga. The issue is that many sponsors and potential sponsors
> > have already been sent the sponsors brochure which doesn't mention
> > this. If we were to make any changes, I do think that we would have to
> > contact them again with an updated brochure and explain the changes,
> > and allow them to adjust their sponsorship commitments.
>
> Updating the brochure after the fact might make a weird impression, but
> you could follow-up with the proposal for small companies which either
> have not replied yet, have declined to sponsor at all or are eligble for
> an upgrade due to the pledged amount (in case the sponsorship team /
> debconf team / whoever decides to go with it).

I am really against changing the level and the brochure for dc13 now. We
had a very long discussion a couple of month ago regarding sponsorship level.
Then, we decided to make that campaign with that level.

Cheers,
Raphaël