Re: [Debconf-team] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

On 2012-11-26 19:38, Philip Hands wrote:
(FYI I'd assumed that the sleeping-mat pictures were just of the room
with unmade beds, so apparently it's not necessarily obvious just
because there's no bedding in the photos)

(Indeed. I was surprised to learn the numbers here, and even someone who had visited Le Camp initially disputed them, though they seem to be authoritative ones from the venue.)

So perhaps you've known everything that was needed to be known a year in advance but you've not been particularly good at passing the details on,
despite related subjects coming up repeatedly on IRC.

Too frequently people asking questions seem to have been seen as trouble-makers and responded to in that light. That's then led to the other problem of the question-asking people discussing (accurate or not) information off-channel instead.

For instance, one "fact" that I currently hold as entirely probable
based on IRC rumour is that there are only a handful of parking spaces
at Le Camp.

If that really is true, then Andreas's ideas about people coming in cars
are going to fail because there will be nowhere for them to park.

Was there any accurate information posted on this point yet?

--
Moray