Re: [Debconf-team] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:

> On 2012-11-26 19:38, Philip Hands wrote:
>> (FYI I'd assumed that the sleeping-mat pictures were just of the room
>> with unmade beds, so apparently it's not necessarily obvious just
>> because there's no bedding in the photos)
>
> (Indeed.  I was surprised to learn the numbers here, and even someone
> who had visited Le Camp initially disputed them, though they seem to be
> authoritative ones from the venue.)
>
>> So perhaps you've known everything that was needed to be known a year
>> in
>> advance but you've not been particularly good at passing the details
>> on,
>> despite related subjects coming up repeatedly on IRC.
>
> Too frequently people asking questions seem to have been seen as
> trouble-makers and responded to in that light.  That's then led to the
> other problem of the question-asking people discussing (accurate or not)
> information off-channel instead.

While not all answers to all reasonable concerns have been as good as
they could have been, I'm under the impression that much more
information about the proposed accomodation is available than for every
other DebConf since the begining (at least considering it's still 8
months away).

While more information is always pereferd, gathering all this and making
it available is also a huge task. And I think it's only understandable
that people are reluctant to do this while it's not even clear if it
will ever be usefull (because the chairs might decide to drop the Le
Camp venue). I just added links to the wiki to all the available floor
plans[1]. This took me about 1/2h and I really hope that this time was well
spent.

>> For instance, one "fact" that I currently hold as entirely probable
>> based on IRC rumour is that there are only a handful of parking
>> spaces
>> at Le Camp.
>>
>> If that really is true, then Andreas's ideas about people coming in
>> cars
>> are going to fail because there will be nowhere for them to park.
>
> Was there any accurate information posted on this point yet?

As I already said on IRC this morning, a car parking for about 100 cars
will be built during winter/spring 2013. And there is already parking
space for about 30 cars at the moment.

Gaudenz

[1] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/LeCamp/Rooms
--