Re: [Debconf-team] Debconf thoughts

?

> As I said long ago, Le Camp (when considered as a DebConf venue) is
> family hostile, and for the same reasons is comfort-loving-corporate
> hostile, and also for those other cases you mention.
>
> This has been know and accepted since DC12, at least, if not before.

No, a lot of information was unknown or not properly communicated.
I was OK with the venue being somehow isolated because I was told
accommodation had a better standard it had (looks my email about
the youth hostel) and there was good public transportation (turns
out is not the case).

> Wherever we decide to go will advantage some groups and penalise others,
> and perhaps it's time that the smelly tree-huggers had their turn ;-)

Have we discriminated those "tree-huggers" before? I would say it
is not the case.

> Personally, I'm rather glad that it looks like we'll only have to put up
> with this place for a week, rather than two, but now that the decision
> is made, we should stop whining about it and do everything in our power
> to make it the best DebConf ever and prove all the doubters wrong.

Nobody was forcing you to attend to debcamp+debconf during 2 weeks anyway.

Ana