Re: [Debconf-team] really worried about DebConf

On 13/11/12 22:54, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:35:17PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> (Also, Holger is not the one who will be sued because he is not a
>> member of the dc13 association committee)
>
> I think this is an unacceptable distinction.

If we want to be technical, then I could point out that signing a
contract that many people suspect to be unaffordable with the intention
of bullying the vendor later may actually be a criminal matter, not just
a matter of being sued.

> Whoever, if any, get sued as a representative of the Debian
> Project---and people who do sign a DebConf relate contract *clearly*
> qualify---will have Debian's backing, in finance, legal advice,
> communication, fund-raising, ... you name it.  This is so at least as
> long as I'm DPL, but I'm pretty sure any future DPL will be willing to
> do the same.
>
> So please don't go down this path. The distinction between who is a
> member of the dc13 association and who is not should play no role in the
> decision making process.  And, more importantly, should induce no
> fracture or finger pointing in the community.

That was really one little part on the end of the email.  Of course, it
is ridiculous that we now have a second discussion about legal action in
as many months, but some people pointed out the first time around that
if legal concerns are floating about, we should be looking elsewhere.