Re: [Debconf-team] really worried about DebConf

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:35:17PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> (Also, Holger is not the one who will be sued because he is not a
> member of the dc13 association committee)

I think this is an unacceptable distinction.

Whoever, if any, get sued as a representative of the Debian
Project---and people who do sign a DebConf relate contract *clearly*
qualify---will have Debian's backing, in finance, legal advice,
communication, fund-raising, ... you name it.  This is so at least as
long as I'm DPL, but I'm pretty sure any future DPL will be willing to
do the same.

So please don't go down this path. The distinction between who is a
member of the dc13 association and who is not should play no role in the
decision making process.  And, more importantly, should induce no
fracture or finger pointing in the community.

Thanks,
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .