Re: [Debconf-team] A better budget analysis

Daniel Pocock dijo [Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 02:39:48PM +0100]:
> (...)
> It may be worth surveying those people who paid the fee in the last 2 years:
>
> - do they prefer to only pay `actual per-person cost', or paying a full
> 600 CHF is OK for them?
>
> - what do they think about the accommodation proposals?  As they are the
> ones paying, these people should be listened to very closely when
> choosing between Interlaken and Le Camp.
>
> - would they prefer to pay a lower fee (meals only, for example) and
> sleep off site?

This mail is an example of what I *DON'T* want DebConf to become. "As
they are the ones paying, these people should be listened to very
closely"... NO. Not at all. If you are a paying professional, we will
thank you from the bottom of our heart. But we will NOT give you the
privilege to rule which way DebConf goes. Because if we do, we are
creating second-class citizens (those who cannot pay) and taking
decisions for them that might make it impossible for them to attend
("meals only, for example").