Re: [Debconf-team] A better budget analysis

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 10:50:13PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Daniel Pocock dijo [Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 02:39:48PM +0100]:
> > (...)
> > It may be worth surveying those people who paid the fee in the last 2 years:
> >
> > - do they prefer to only pay `actual per-person cost', or paying a full
> > 600 CHF is OK for them?
> >
> > - what do they think about the accommodation proposals?  As they are the
> > ones paying, these people should be listened to very closely when
> > choosing between Interlaken and Le Camp.
> >
> > - would they prefer to pay a lower fee (meals only, for example) and
> > sleep off site?
>
> This mail is an example of what I *DON'T* want DebConf to become. "As
> they are the ones paying, these people should be listened to very
> closely"... NO. Not at all. If you are a paying professional, we will

I interpreted this as "since we are trying to milk professional
attendees this year as a source of DebConf funding, we should see how
to make 'register as professional' attractive to more people".
Everyone would rather not make DebConf targeted at professionals
exclusively, it's just been brought up this year much more than some
recent years, which to me is the real DC13 difference.

- Richard