Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

Daniel Pocock dijo [Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:13:03AM +0100]:
> The whole reason for visiting Interlaken was not an attack on Le Camp
> itself, rather, I perceive the same concern about the Le Camp budget
> that Darst keeps coming back to, and nobody seems willing to take hard
> decisions (e.g. the shortening option was ruled out far too quickly by
> people who went to meet with Le Camp last Thursday)

Right. I'm also willing to discuss more a shortened DebConf. I do
think it is an agreeable compromise.

> What are the other options at this point in time?  If Le Camp is
> impossible on the current budget, and if not enough local team members
> can support alternatives in Switzerland, should the Latvian bid be given
> the opportunity to propose a solution?  Deciding that Le Camp is
> unrealistic is only half the equation, for DC13 to go ahead next year,
> we are also running out of time for alternatives to be created.

I do not think reviving at this stage the Latvian bid is in any way
feasible. The Latvian team did not pursue all of the needed formal
arrangements after Switzerland won the bid, and reviving+organizing a
DebConf in six months is not feasible. I think that either we have a
DebConf in Switzerland or we cancel for the year.

I am much more confident that we will manage now than some days ago.