Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

On 24.10.2012 10:12, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 24/10/12 09:50, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
On 24.10.2012 09:30, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
- Option of Le Camp sponsoring DebConf. If they reduce the price, we
    could list them as sponsors. I don't have high hopes that they agree
    to this, but we could at least try.

No. This must be discussed by the debconf-team before making such
proposal. People was not so happy having the fact accomplished without
discussion last year (and -team clearly added a note about this for us
and future debconfs).

Even if this is to work, we have to think about `why is it good for Le
Camp?' rather than just thinking about how it will save us money.

And IMO: what the prospective sponsors will behave having an additional high level sponsor? (for "cheap")

AFAIK Interlaken is different, they want a link on a page, but that will not diminish the value of the other sponsors (logo etc.). It is like skyteam on DC12, which was not considered as normal sponsor.

ciao
	cate