Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2012, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 11/10/12 19:28, Luca Capello wrote:
> > Here a resume of the problems, please correct me if I am wrong or if I
> > have missed something:

AFAICS this list is right.

> > Given the current situation, we need clearer answers from them, so if
> > the list above is all I have to ask I will do that next week.

Please do, Luca!

> > The fact
> > that we will there for the BSP on Oct 27-28 means that we could even
> > discuss further at that time.

Yup.

> There are two other ways to discuss this with them:
>
> - tell them how our sponsorship works - ask them `what if we only have
> 120k and not 160k by July 2013?'.  Would they refuse to accept us
> completely?  Would they allow us to stay less days, or cut out the
> catering for the DebCamp week, for example?  Would they view it as a
> breach of contract and sue us for the difference based on the 90%
> cancellation penalty?

this sounds reasonable.

> - another approach: ask them if they will agree to an escrow agreement
> instead of the 3x20k installments.  Sponsors will put the money in
> escrow.  The money is only released to Le Camp if we hit the 160k
> target.  If the target is not reached, money goes back to the sponsors.
>  That way no sponsors can lose their money if we don't hit the target.

I don't this this is a way we should propose. And I also don't think sponsors
will want to know about our internal problems and I dont want to tell sponsors
about them... so rather not.

cheers,
	Holger