Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

On 11/10/12 19:28, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:12:56 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
>> I just committed (SVN r3732 [1]) the version of the contract Le Camp
>> sent us with the our last comments.  Since the original is in French, I
>> quickly translated it to English, please other French-speaking people
>> check my translation!
>>
>> [1] <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data?view=revision&revision=3732>
>>
>> Please check it again and provide question/comment,
>
> Here a resume of the problems, please correct me if I am wrong or if I
> have missed something:
>
> 1) final date to sign the contract
>
> 2) possibility to shorten the contract to decrease its (high) price
>    (which we should anyway try to negotiate more)
>
> 3) cancellation:
>
>    a. too high fee, based on a full-board price, while only
>       accommodation should be considered (the minimum amount to pay)
>
>    b. detailed deadlines to be included in the contract
>
> 4) meals:
>
>    a. exploring again the cooking-by-ourselves option
>
>    b. effective meals and not simply full-board for everyone or even
>       better "food should be ordered N days before, with prices list
>       included"
>
>    c. pic-nic option available on all days (for lunch sandwiches, in
>       case made by ourselves, and for dinner an hot meal)
>
> Given the current situation, we need clearer answers from them, so if
> the list above is all I have to ask I will do that next week.  The fact
> that we will there for the BSP on Oct 27-28 means that we could even
> discuss further at that time.

There are two other ways to discuss this with them:

- tell them how our sponsorship works - ask them `what if we only have
120k and not 160k by July 2013?'.  Would they refuse to accept us
completely?  Would they allow us to stay less days, or cut out the
catering for the DebCamp week, for example?  Would they view it as a
breach of contract and sue us for the difference based on the 90%
cancellation penalty?

- another approach: ask them if they will agree to an escrow agreement
instead of the 3x20k installments.  Sponsors will put the money in
escrow.  The money is only released to Le Camp if we hit the 160k
target.  If the target is not reached, money goes back to the sponsors.
 That way no sponsors can lose their money if we don't hit the target.