Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Hi there!

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 03:03:44 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> Given that we need to go forward (at least two possible sponsors are
> waiting for the brochure), I propose to discuss the final levels
> *before* the next IRC meeting, i.e. before 2012-09-18 [4], and to agree
> on them no later than that meeting.  I am going to contact the RMLL/LSM
> organizers and I will send feedbacks here.
>
> [4] <mid:201208282002.27335.odyx@debian.org>
>     <http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120828.180142.be64b809.en.html>

I hope that the fact that no discussion happened about levels is a good
sign for tomorrow's meeting ;-)

Didier and myself got an answer from the RMLL/LSM organizers, here their
(sort of anonymized) points (Didier, please correct me when needed):

1) we heavily depends on the sponsor list, especially considering that
   in their case such a list was only completed the last week before the
   event (not so good if we would like to print T-Shirts in advance).

2) Swiss companies did not donate so much money.

3) none of the the Swiss foundations contacted replied.

4) the whole process with the biggest sponsor took around 6 months (yes,
   we need to hurry up).

5) an event with the status of "but non lucratif et d'utilité publique"
   (literally, not-for-profit and of public utility) should help when
   dealing with official organizations from the cities/cantons.

6) they suggest to add sponsor logos at the beginning and at the end of
   the streamed videos.

7) they also suggests to offer alternatives to a Free Software-related
   talk for the platinum sponsors, e.g. an hackaton or other
   Debian-related activity (like packaging).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca